Apply Dublin Position
Apply UK Position
Overview of Role
Escher is seeking a self-motivated and reliable Systems Engineer with experience in architecting, developing, and maintaining/monitoring Windows-based solutions systems both on-premise and in the Cloud (e.g., Azure, Google Cloud Platform) for clients. The successful candidate will work as part of Escher’s Global Professional Services team with a base in Dublin at our office in Dublin 2 or remote in the UK or Europe. Experience managing client-facing engagements, and working with internal product development, sales, services teams is required. The role will require you to perform remote and on-site consultancy assignments including solution design and implementation, system monitoring and upgrades, customer “health checks”/performance tuning, and expert troubleshooting of issues around Escher’s Riposte Message Server middleware.
- Perform remote and on-site consultancy assignments including solution design and implementation, system monitoring and upgrades, customer “health checks”/performance tuning, and expert troubleshooting of issues around Escher’s Riposte Message Server middleware.
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems and networking; as well as virtualized and cloud environments is required. The candidate should be happy to travel internationally and work remotely or on-site within a customer environment worldwide, interacting with customers at all levels up to C-suite, and capable of authoring and presenting reports and presentations to clients.
- When not working with customers, the candidate will be expected to assist with internal projects such as sizing and specification work for client opportunities, internal DevOps processes, and working with R&D teams on core product QA and consultation on product enhancements.
- The candidate will also own and lead the creation of Escher’s technical training for administering and monitoring Escher solutions.
- Good analytical skills are required together with a willingness to learn Escher’s technology and to help grow our Professional Services offerings.
- Although this is not a primary Developer role the ability and willingness to create tools and utilities for system management purposes would be useful.
The successful candidate is expected to keep up to date with the latest Microsoft Server and Cloud technology, hardware, and networks, and security
- Experience of virtualization and use of Cloud and Hybrid environments along with Microsoft Azure is essential, and experience of other cloud providers would be an advantage. Knowledge of the Azure product set and pricing models is essential, as is, experience in migrating systems from On-Premise to Cloud and operating in a hybrid cloud and on-premise environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, including use of related tools such as PerfMon, EventVwr, including use for performance tuning
- Experience with Linux operating systems and related tools in a PLUS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows security model
- Understanding of ISO27001/2 and Windows and Network security. Some background in security and cryptography would be beneficial.
- Experience in server hardware and storage, including knowledge of RAID storage, for both physical on-premise technologies and their Azure equivalents.
- In-depth knowledge of computer networking, including UDP and TCP protocols, the use of VPNs, and experience with the use of protocol analyzers such as Wireshark. Experience in networking within a Cloud environment and an appreciation of the challenges of large-scale networks over a variety of communications technologies (including VSAT).
- Good knowledge of scripting tools and use of batch files, including Powershell and tools such Perl or GREP/SED/AWK for analyzing data
- Good knowledge of the use of EXCEL, including more advanced facilities such as Pivot Tables, and the ability to use to create reusable sizing models.
- Good understanding of Mathematics (at least to UK A-level/ Ireland Higher Level Leaving Cert or equivalent)
- Development skills in C/C++ and/or C#/.NET and proficiency using Visual Studio would be an advantage for tool creation (although this is not a mainstream Developer role)
- Knowledge and experience of performance and load testing tools, and of security testing tools, would be an advantage, for both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server installation, configuration, and tuning would be a PLUS
- Knowledge of messaging technologies and distributed systems would be an advantage
- Proven experience with working with large and complex IT systems, with many points of integration to third-party systems with different technologies would be an advantage.
Note: Candidates will be expected to become experts in Escher Riposte products and will be given suitable training and job shadowing.
- Presentable and confident, able to represent Escher on-site
- Eloquent, able to write reports and to write/presentation
- Willingness to travel, including assignments of one and occasionally two weeks away from base, including both lone and joint assignments
- Happy to interact with customers at all levels, from CxO level to data center engineers and developers.
- Educated to first-degree level (BA/BSc) in a Computer Science, Math, or other numerate disciplines
- Relevant Microsoft qualifications would be beneficial, for instance:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or similar qualifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) qualifications or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA) (e.g. MSCE Windows Server)
About Escher Group
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics.
Why Join Escher?
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits, training, subsidies for health & wellness, free coffee and snacks, and so much more. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Escher is an equal opportunity employer.
We will not discriminate and will take affirmative actions and measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.