Apply Dublin Position
Apply Canada Position
Apply Boston Position
Apply UK Position
This position is responsible for reviewing business requirements, leading architectural designs, defining implementation approach and guiding developers, QA, business analysts, project managers, and other team members to ensure sustainable solutions are provided with cross-platform compatibility for Escher clients. This position will focus on Latin American clients, so fluency in English/Spanish is mandatory.
Communication/Team Work Attributes
- Ability to read communication styles of customers, project team, and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and tailor communication to fit.
- Ability to facilitate relations between business groups and technology teams.
- Candidates must possess the exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal & external resources, clients, and third parties at all leaves from individual team members to executives
- Candidates can be relied upon to manage key relationships with internal & external resources, clients, and third parties.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and excels at communicating shifts in prioritization.
- Ability to adapt to shifting business priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customers within your region and worldwide as required
- Design and execute the overall solution for the assigned projects and ensure quality of solution architecture.
- Work closely with Escher core product Software Architects to ensure the solution follows best practices and tenants established for the technology platforms involved and each solution is achieved as designed.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the customer environment, including the Escher core products in use, any custom elements and connected systems, to be able to evaluate the impact of changes and other new requirements.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the Escher core product set and identify opportunities for further use of the product within the existing customer base
- Ability to take all perspectives and risk mitigation into account for a given project.
- Work to ensure that client business application technology strategies are defined and fit into the overall framework of the application and enterprise architecture
- Work with client Business Teams, Product Owners and Architects to review business drivers, needs, and strategies and understand implications to the application architecture
- Review and approve system and interface designs of overall solutions and provide guidance on alternative solutions as needed.
- Provide input to the creation of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, technology approach, and supplier selection when needed.
- Establish criteria and perform application technology evaluations, including analysis and proof of concept along with supporting analysis and documentation.
- Work to define clear boundaries between core and any custom functionality to maximize effective use of our product and technologies
- Proactively work with Escher R&D to seek out new technologies to feed into the Technology Roadmap
- Educate the services and product leadership team on customer trends and provide insights.
- Work with Bid Management and Sales Engineering roles to support the response to requests for solutions from new customers
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized 3rd level educational institution.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in software development with progression to Senior Developer/Architect
- 2-3 years experience working in a similar role as a Solution or Software Architect
- Excellent client-facing skills and experience working with clients directly (not just internal development teams)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework and specifically C#.
- Experience working with mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Xamarin or WPF a distinct advantage.
- Experience with full project lifecycle development
- Knowledge of the postal, retail, logistics or financial sectors an advantage
- Willing to travel to client sites and Escher offices up to 50% of time or as required to meet client expectations (COVID restrictions permitting, for future reference)
- Fluent in English and Spanish
About Escher Group
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics.
Why Join Escher?
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits, training, subsidies for health & wellness, free coffee and snacks, and so much more. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Escher is an equal opportunity employer.
We will not discriminate and will take affirmative actions and measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.