The Program Manager is a key member of the Professional Services organization in Escher and will oversee delivery of Escher’s software products and services for a digital transformation project in Thailand. They will have extensive experience managing large highly complex, client-facing, software development projects across multiple teams, employing industry best-practice methodologies and tools to deliver in a controlled, timely and cost-effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the software implementation project from pre-kickoff to go-live, with strict adherence to scope, time, cost and quality constraints.
- Manage projects teams simultaneously for a large scale/highly complex implementation.
- Build and maintain professional and trusted relationships with Escher’s clients, attending and presenting to required PM and Steering Group meetings.
- Manage project delivery including project scope, budget, resources, and schedules.
- Direct, support and motivate cross-functional software delivery teams to ensure alignment to project goals.
- Identify and resolve issues within teams to ensure optimal team performance.
- Create all PM artefacts and follow project delivery lifecycle as required by Escher’s PMO.
- Closely monitor and control project performance including continuous cost and schedule risk assessment.
- Develop and deliver detailed project status reporting, billing and KPIs to management and clients.
- Proactively manage project issues and risks, escalating as and when appropriate.
- Monitor change and ensure adherence to change control process.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in Escher both within and outside of Professional Services including Product Management and R&D teams.
- Foster a positive working relationship with our partners and contractors and ensure alignment on project objectives and deliverables.
- Be accountable for release management to client, overseeing the final testing, packaging and delivery of the release to the client, including production of release documentation and update of issue tracking systems.
- Develop and coordinate with clients the mechanism for raising of defects from client acceptance testing of software deliveries.
- Look to continually improve the PM process, methodology and toolset to improve quality and efficiency.
- Travel to the client site frequently to ensure success of the program, as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience of project management
- Strong experience of managing large scale highly complex international software development and implementation projects
- Extensive client-facing project management experience
- Proven ability to manage geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary teams
- Should hold a recognized project management certification e.g. PMP, Prince
- High degree of familiarity with the Agile framework. Experience of working on Agile Scrum projects
- An Agile accreditation is desirable e.g. Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in .NET and C# based application development projects a plus
- Experience of working in the postal, retail, banking, financial services or related software vendor arena
- Comfortable working with project tools including MS Project, PowerPoint, JIRA (or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter with strong motivation, who works on own initiative.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance client and company needs in conduct of projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to lead and motivate successful teams.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Thai for communication with the client and Escher staff is mandatory
- Located in Thailand with the ability to travel frequently as required to the client location in Bangkok
- Ability to work extra hours or outside of normal business hours to meet client and program demands
Why Join Escher?
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits and training allowance. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Escher is an equal opportunity employer.
We will not discriminate and will take affirmative actions and measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.