Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics.
We are looking to hire a Director of Marketing to join our growing team in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are seeking an individual to develop and execute the marketing strategy and excel at sharing the story of our products, business solutions, and our unrivaled experience in helping Posts to transform across the globe.
You will ensure the right customer segment is receiving the right messaging for the right product. Content marketing applied correctly is critical for demand generation, as our customers rely on us for education, expertise, and experience in the industry. We are relationship-driven, so we must also maintain a strong presence at industry events, including conferences and webinars.
Keys to success:
- You must be a proven marketing innovator who can lead Escher’s overall marketing efforts and help drive adoption for our expanding product portfolio and business solutions to help develop strategic partnerships with new and existing customers
- You should enjoy working in a collaborative environment, as collaboration with our Sales and Product teams is crucial to our success.
- You should be driven by numbers and data and recognize that growth is a deliberate and iterative process.
- You should be excited to develop and coach the existing marketing team, scale the marketing team as needed, and forge and manage contractor/external relationships.
- Develop and own a cutting-edge marketing strategy to ensure the success and adoption of our products and business solutions. Be the brand champion and Escher ‘storyteller’
- Manage/grow the marketing team in line with strategic objectives through hiring and training
- Represent the “Voice of the Customer” internally, using domain experience in guiding product design and development
- Drive growth of existing customers and drive acquisition of new leads to fuel sustained company growth
- Manage and optimize the use of marketing budget to maximize ROI
- Develop the data-driven strategy for messaging, packaging, promotion, and selling of our products to move team and product forward. Collaborate on pricing strategy.
- Evangelize our products and business solutions through thought leadership, including but not limited to blogging, social media, and speaking at industry events
- Create content to articulate the benefits of our products and business solutions to the world. Manage content creation agencies and freelancers, as needed
- Ensure that Escher is the trusted brand that safeguards the integrity of postal systems
- Drive strategic direction and resource allocation for the company in collaboration with the executive staff
- Lead Marketing team to develop web content, outbound campaigns, educational seminars, and digital & print marketing materials, conduct customer councils
- Support new product development and execute launch plan and strategies
- Manage product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives
- Direct efforts from conceptual, upstream new product development stages to downstream marketing
- Lead Marketing team on market, customer and competitor analysis
- Participate with product road map development based on customer analysis, market analysis, competitive analysis, and Escher’s core competencies
- Acquire/analyze feedback from our base of present/potential customers
- Develop case studies that demonstrate how Escher is central to helping Posts develop and deliver their retail network and digital transformation strategies
- Work across functions to drive initiatives
- Coordinate with various teams including Sales, Service, and R&D to ensure successful and targeted fulfillment of marketing activities including events, webinars, web content, etc.
- Manage enablement and training activities for sales, presales, professional services, and partners
- Support customer meetings and executive presentations
- Amplify and magnify our marketing efforts through coordinated analyst relations and expertise and vision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years in a senior Marketing role with a solid ability to understand technologies and products and how to translate highly technical content into customer stories
- Exceptional verbal & written communication; ability to work across customers & internal teams; keen ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to work in company, team, customer, and individual settings
- Organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, team player
- 6+ years of software industry experience, preferably within an area of application development, infrastructure software, or systems management
- Experience in postal, banking, financial services, or related software vendor arena
- Experience with PUDO (pick-up/drop-off) and retail solutions in the postal or logistics industries
- Experience with digital transformation, e-commerce in the postal or logistics industries a plus
- Record of success in a fast moving, technical environment including a proven ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Ability to develop compelling marketing programs and the requisite materials like themes, content, assets, targeted to personas and buying groups by programs
- Effective and charismatic presenter, comfortable working with and presenting to all levels of an organization
- Success in working in an influence-driven cross-functional environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once while working in a highly complex environment
- Proactive, self-starter, with a challenger mindset, a solid work ethic, and willingness to take action
- Experience with social media, digital marketing, e-commerce
- Solid knowledge of content creation following the customer’s life cycle
- Metrics-focused and detail-oriented
- Willingness to travel, including international locations
- Multi-lingual capability is a plus
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits, and training allowance. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Your Career with Escher
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. Working to support customers on four continents across 35 countries, Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, drives superior customer experience with greater speed and better economics. Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, we believe our people are our greatest strength. In addition to a competitive compensation package, health benefits, and training allowance, Escher will work with you by providing the support and growth opportunities you need to develop an exceptional and fulfilling career. You will have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 30 years.
If you are looking for a rewarding career and you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you.
Escher is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative actions and measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.